The Ambleside Salutation Hotel in the center of the small Lakeland village of Ambleside in the heart of beautiful English Lake District National Park is a hotel and catering business providing goods and services in the areas of accommodation, leisure , spa and fitness and the provision of food and drink to a varied client base throughout the hospitality sector.
The Board of Directors, Hotel Environmental Committee and all employees recognize their responsibility to manage the environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.
In order to promote good environmental practices, our Policy with regard to the environment is as follows:
- To adopt energy saving practices and energy efficient equipment and to set targets for lower gas and electrical consumption in order to reduce our carbon footprint.
- To reduce waste by recycling materials and encouraging suppliers to minimize packaging in order to reduce our landfill impact.
- To minimize water wastage by monitoring usage and installing equipment which conserves metered water and retains rainwater for grounds use.
- To source wherever possible bio friendly chemicals in order to minimize our chemical impact on the environment.
- To work with suppliers who operate in an environmentally responsible manner and support the principal of minimizing human impact on the environment.
- To source locally produced food from suppliers who operate organic and animal welfare practices to achieve the best quality and minimum food miles.
- To ensure that all employees are aware of the Hotel Environmental Policy and are encouraged to contribute improved environmental practices.
- To communicate the Environmental Policy to guests through the effective use of printed and electronic mediums and to encourage environmentally responsible behavior.
- To comply with relevant legislation, regulation and other requirements relating to our significant environmental impacts.
- To work with the following organizations to continually update best practice in relation to environmental issues:
- Encams (Environmental Campaigns)
- CREA (Cumbria Rural Enterprise Agency)
- Carbon Trust