Please pre book a leisure slot in advance with reception
A key card will be issued to each which will allow you entry to the leisure facilities which can be collected from hotel or spa reception
The fee for a replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged leisure card is £10.
All keys must be returned to reception after using the leisure club
Guest’ s using the gym must collect a separate wellness key from reception to operate the gym equipment
Opening times for a Club are from 8.00am – 8.00pm 7 days a week and are subject to change by the clubs discretion.
You are respectfully requested to leave the gymnasium and pool areas half an hour before the Club is due to close and to leave the leisure facilities punctually at time of closing.
You may not bring pets (other than guide dogs) onto the Club premises.
You must not take any photographs or movie shots in the Club (including by using a camera on a mobile phone or PDA).
We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of you for press or promotional purposes.
You must not consume any food or drink in the club that you have bought in from outside the club.
Under no circumstances are alcohol or glass ware are allowed on the premises
You must complete a Pre-Activity Questionnaire before using any facility of the club and have had an initial induction to the facility.
You must seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
You may not bring your own Personal Trainers into the club.
Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising.
25. Individual Gymnasium equipment must not be used for longer than 15 minutes during busy periods.
26. You are asked to wipe down gymnasium equipment after use.
28. You may not use the gymnasium whilst under the influence of alcohol or anticoagulant, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquillisers. If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease and/or diabetes you should consult your doctor prior to using a Club.
Behaviour & Dress
You should conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in or about the club and in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the club by any other person. In particular you may not use foul, loud or abusive language, nor will you molest or harass other guests, visitors or members of staff. You may not bring, use or be under the influence of illegal drugs in any part of the club. You may not bring any intoxicating liquor into the club or be drunk in the club.
We may refuse you entry into the Club or eject you from the club if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these rules or you engage in any other serious misconduct.
Guests and visitors and members of staff should at all time display mutual respect for each other.
Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of the club or Hotel management, or in writing addressed to the club General Manager.
Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the club.
You must be dressed in suitable attire at all times when on club premises and appropriate exercise clothing is required whilst exercising in the club. Guidance as to suitable attire may be obtained from the Duty Manager who may, at his/her discretion, require you to leave the club premises or part of the club premises, if your attire is not considered suitable.
Only one individual is permitted in a shower cubicle at any one time (with the exception of a parent or guardian who may take his/her own child aged up to 8 years into a shower cubicle with him/her).
Lockers are made available subject to availability and can be opened and locked by creating 4 digit code to lock and open the locker and lock your locker whilst in use, both for security, and to show other people that the locker is occupied. The Ambleside Salutation Health Club & Spa does not undertake that use of a locker will guarantee that no theft of or damage to your property will occur. You should check that your household contents or other insurance policy protects you against any risk of theft.
37. Lockers may only be used for the purposes of keeping gym kit, toiletries and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to the Club. The keeping of any other items in the Club’s lockers is prohibited. All Lockers are timed to automatically open when the club closes. Ambleside Health Club & Spa reserves the right to open the locker in question (by force if necessary) and remove any offending items.
38. Without exception, lockers are available for use only whilst you are on the Club’s premises. Use of a locker whilst not on Club premises is prohibited. If you leave your belongings overnight in a locker, ‘The Ambleside Salutation Health Club & Spa reserves the right to open the locker (by force if necessary) and remove your belongings.
39. Your belongings so removed will be available for collection from the Club’s reception for a period of thirty (30) days upon payment of the prevailing holding charge. If you do not collect your belongings within thirty (30) days, your belongings may be donated to charity.
Swimming Pool Area
For reasons of health and hygiene you must:
a. follow the instructions and information signs around the pool area;
b. always shower before entering the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, Fountain Spa or Swimming Pool;
c. not consume or store, or bring into the changing rooms or swimming pool area, any food or drink of any kind , GLASS containers, glasses are NOT allowed in the pool area at any timed.
d. no dry clothing or towels in the sauna. This constitutes a serious fire hazard.
We reserve the right to limit you to 20 minutes in the swimming pool if it is busy and also deny access to the pool to enable safe bather loads.
a. wear long hair up, or in a swimming cap, whilst in the swimming pool;
b. not run around, jump or dive into the swimming pool;
c. comply with any swimming direction posted in the swimming pool area;
d. and wear conventional swimming costumes only.
No balls, floats or inflatables are permitted in the swimming pool area, unless provided by the club.
Heads should never be submerged in the Jacuzzi or Fountain Spa.
You may not use the saunas, steam rooms or jacuzzi whilst under the influence of alcohol or anticoagulant, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquillisers. If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease, cardiac irregularities, asthma and/or diabetes and if you are pregnant you should consult your doctor prior to using our Club facilities.
48. You should use the steam room, sauna, swimming pool and Jacuzzi (where applicable) in moderation and under medical advice.
49. When using the unisex steam room and/or sauna, you are requested to wear swimming attire.
Health & Safety
You must use the main entrance to the club when entering or leaving the club.
Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
You must read the health & safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility in the club and comply with their recommendations.
Children - General
Children aged up to 18 must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
Children may only be brought into the club if accompanied by their parent or legal guardian or any other person who has been registered with us as someone who may bring the child into the club and take responsibility for them.
Opening times (where applicable) are posted within the club and may vary on occasion. A club may be asked to remove his/her child from the club, if, in the opinion of club management, the child is upset, ill, or is causing problems for club staff.
.Children aged up to 8 may change in either sex change room, under supervision. Children aged 9-18 years must change in designated areas under supervision in the changing room of their own sex.
Children aged up to 18 may not use the jacuzzi, fountain Spa, spa, and sauna or steam facilities.
a. Where children are allowed to use the swimming pool the following rules apply:
b. Children must be accompanied by an adult (maximum two (2) children per adult);
c. The adult must accompany children into the pool area and must remain there as they remain responsible for the child’s / children’s behaviour and safety